Pages

Thursday 9 June 2011

Way behind!

I can't believe how far behind I'm getting with outfits.  Especially because I have nothing pressing to do at the moment.  This outfit is actually from last Friday when my boyfriend and I took advantage of the lovely weather to go to the Botanic Gardens (via Thorntons, the raspberry swirl icecream is incredible by the way!).

The skirt is from Very, my first purchase from them (and I won't be using the Collect+ service again, absolute nightmare!). I'd been eying it for a while then saw Sherin over at Hi Fashion wearing it and couldn't resist it any longer.

Photobucket


It's a lovely colour and length, and the embroidery is so nice (I have a soft spot for magpies). Sizing wise - some reviews say it comes up large and some don't, I went for an 8 rather than the 10 I'd usually go for and it fits the same way as the rose print skirt from New Look a few posts back in a 10. It could probably do with an iron, but we don't have an ironing board in our flat (not that I would iron it anyway...).

Photobucket


I teamed it with a plain purple top that I've had for years and blue leather French Connection flats bought last year from Kurt Geiger in the sale (I have the same pair in green). Maybe not my best idea - they aren't properly broken in yet so I ended up with a lot of blisters, not great when I then ended up running the Race For Life 5k on Sunday (photos of me looking delightfully exhausted will be appearing soon)!

It does cost more than I would usually pay for a skirt (more than I would pay for most anything other than shoes actually, barring special occassions), but I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of it so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment